Saturday, June 4, 2011

"It's about timeeeeeee!" -Mom

When Aaron & I originally bid on this house, we were hoping to close by Christmas.  Then the goal was Valentine's day.  Then March 21 (my birthday!).  Then it was just before my IEPs for the end of the year started, which was May 11.  Well, we finally closed on May 13 and I only had to miss 1 IEP meeting... a feat, considering I averaged about 4 meetings a day in the month of May!   Needless to say, we celebrated when we finally got the keys!  Aaron took me out for a nice dinner that night.  (I'm not gonna lie, this was our third "lets-go-celebrate-getting-a-house!" dinner we'd gone on... 1 when we won the bid, 1 when we locked our mortgage rate back at the beginning of March, and 1 when it was finally the real deal!)
And then that evening, we went over to Harvard Avenue (our house) after dinner & these were the lovely surprises we found...  :)
A balloon, flowers, and a card from Isaac & Caroline!
The note says "Congrats on the house!  "It's about timeeeeeeee" - Mom"
Cheerwines, Krispy Kreme Donuts, more flowers & our deck furniture from my family.  Perfect!
Thanks for being excited for us!  

2 comments:

  1. your husband and family are so thoughtful! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Hannah! I'm so excited for y'all! Owning a home is so much fun (and also time consuming...), but the best part is that you get to make it your own - TOGETHER! :o)

    http://sothentherewere2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete