Saturday, April 14, 2012

Our Florida Baby-moon!

ba-by-moon noun: a vacation taken by a couple that is expecting a baby in order to allow the couple to enjoy a final trip together before the baby is born
Aaron & I just took our last pre-baby vacation to St. Augustine, Florida and it was amazing.  I highly recommend a baby-moon to any expecting couples.  :)  We were blessed to be able to use Grandmama & Papa's timeshare and spend a week down in Florida just getting some sun, playing some golf, and enjoying spending time with each other.  This week was my spring break (Spring Break 2012, woohoo!  jk) so Aaron took the week off & we headed south.  The drive with a pregnant lady was a little different (more frequent potty/stretch breaks) but really not too bad at all!  On the way down, we were able to stop in Jacksonville at my cousin Janice's house & see a lot of my cousins that I haven't been able to see in a while... it was so great to see everyone!
My cousins on the O'Hare side of the family   :) 
Cousins & spouses
Janice & Scott were so sweet to have everyone over for dinner!
There were 22 of us, 10 of which were little ones.  :)
Playing outside with Bryan!
Janice's youngest, Blake.  He's adorable!
Dave & Kristy's youngest, Josia  :)
The resort we stayed at was a golf resort, so of course Aaron was a happy camper.  And any place where I have sunshine, a pool, & a good book makes me happy.  :)  
xoxo
Cute golf cart  :)
Downtown St. Augustine
Amy, we ate Kilwins in honor of you! 
Cute little ducklings
View of the pool from our balcony
We went to the outlets & I couldn't help it!  :)
And a lunch date with Janice on our way out of town.
She just had her 4th child, so she had lots of great advice for us!
It was a great trip but I'm excited that soon we'll get to take little Davis along with us.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I want to go to this place! Wanna hear all about it ok?
    So happy for you guys you had a baby-moon.
    See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like SO much fun! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete