Saturday, August 18, 2012

Mana for Moms

In a letter to new moms on her website, Megan Breedlove writes, "I well remember the feeling of holding my first child, a daughter, in my arms and being overwhelmed with love for her. I didn’t even know I was capable of such love until I met her. I love her so much I would die for her, if necessary. I’d throw myself in harm’s way without a second thought if it meant I could save her. And what I wish I’d realized at the time is that my love for my daughter is a mere reflection of how much God the Father loves me. In fact, God not only would sacrifice Himself for me and you, but He did. John 3:16 tells us that Jesus died on the cross so that you didn’t have to. Why? For the glory of God, certainly. But also because He loved you. Yes, God Almighty loves you that much. So when you hold your precious baby in your arms, think about that. That love you feel welling up in you, threatening to burst your heart? It’s but a fraction of the powerful love God feels for you." 
It's been so amazing for Aaron and I the past few weeks to think about how much God must love us if we know it's infinitely more than we love Davis. Babies are such a blessing and such a great reminder of How great God's love for us is.

No comments:

Post a Comment