Monday, May 28, 2012

Painting Davis's Crib!

On Mother's Day weekend, Aunt Lynne found me a crib at a yard sale for $55 and it was exactly what I wanted!  Well, except for the color.  
The crib was a pretty wood, but it didn't really match the nursery.
So this weekend, I painted it grey to match the nursery's grey & yellow color scheme.  
I used "Granite" (Satin) spray paint.
First I laid out all the pieces.
And then I painted 2 coats on each side.
Voila!  Now we have a grey crib!
My favorite feature is this drawer under the crib.
I heart storage.  
Now Davis has a big boy crib!  :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the grey color! Thanks for sharing! Have you found that it has held up well or has it chipped or scratched easily? I'm considering spray painting my crib but I want to make sure it will last. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's held up really well Savanna! He's 16 months old now & it hasn't scratched at all. But...he hasn't chewed on it either, so I'm not sure if it would come off if he did??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'd like to do something similar with a crib. Did you do any research to find out if the Rustoleum spray paint was safe for the baby? (teething, etc)

    ReplyDelete