Saturday, September 3, 2011

Dining room ledge

We put up board & batten in our dining room & I really, really love it.  But I'll be honest... when we moved in, decorating above the ledge was not Hannah's top priority.  We randomly threw things up there when we were unpacking if we weren't sure where else to put them.  It looked like a mish-mash of a few picture frames and some other nick-nacks.  So... Goal #1 for last weekend: decorate the ledge and make it look cohesive & planned.  Goal #2:  Don't spend a lot of money doing it.  Here's how it turned out.
This was the random collection that originally ended
up on the ledge after we moved in.  Not my fav.
Step 1: Went to Value Village thrift store &
picked up a bunch of random picture frames.
Step 2: Got this dirty window from the free pile
at Architectural Salvage downtown. 

Step 3: Arranged everything on
the ledge how I wanted it.


Step 4: Bought spray paint from Home Depot.
Step 5: Arranged everything on a
tarp outside to be painted.
Step 6:  Painted frames & window Antique White 
Step 7:  Cleaned & scraped the window.
Step 8:  Got some photos developed at Costco
and arranged them in the frames.
Step 9:  Arranged everything on the ledge.  :)







We got this in Nicaragua this summer. 
And we got these in Nicaragua too.  :)


Overall it only cost about $30.  I can handle that.
I also got this at Value Village for $3!
I love these little pitchers.
Especially when they have flowers in them.   :)
I really love my dining room.  :)  The biggest reason I love my dining room is because we're actually able to have more than 2 friends over at a time and we all have seats to sit in!

No comments:

Post a Comment